Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR Foundation Inc)
Women’s March Partner
Founder: Nihad Awad, Omar Ahmad, and Rafeeq Jaber
453 New Jersey Avenue SE
- Civil rights group partially funded by the Saudi Wahhabi establishment
- Has numerous ties to extremist Islamic organizations
- Close ties with Islamic Association for Palestine (IAP)
- Sees American Muslims as victims of oppression
- Launched “Islamophobia.org” to monitor hate crime against Muslims
CAIR has received funding from the Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta, the New York Foundation, and the Tides Foundation.
CAIR has also received significant funding from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
Among those that gave unreported donations to CAIR during one particular five-year period were: the government of Qatar (which gave $405,000 during those years); the Saudi-based Kingdom Holding Company ($199,980); the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates, or UAE ($219,563); and such additional UAE-based entities as the National Bank of Fujairah ($100,000), the Red Crescent Society ($99,985), and Bin Hammodah Properties ($44,985).
2008 – 2017 federal grants: N/A