National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NACCP)
Women’s March Partner
Founder: W. E. B. Du Bois, Ida B. Wells-Barnett and Mary Church Terrell
4805 Mt. Hope Drive
Baltimore MD 21215
Local: (410) 580-5777
Toll-Free: (877) NAACP-98
- The oldest and largest civil rights organization in the U.S.
- Has longstanding, deep ties to socialist and communist causes
- Supports racial preferences in employment and education
- Supports racial gerrymandering of voting districts
NAACP receives grants from foundations such as the Aetna Foundation, the American Express Foundation, the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Annie E. Casey Foundation, the AT&T Foundation, the Bank of America Foundation, the Bauman Family Foundation, the Ben and Jerry’s Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Boston Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, the Clinton Family Fund, the Compton Foundation, the David and Lucile Packard Foundation, the Fannie Mae Foundation, the Ford Foundation, the Heinz Trust, the JEHT Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the Open Society Institute, the Park Foundation, the Ploughshares Foundation, the Public Welfare Foundation, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Sara Lee Foundation, the Scherman Foundation, the Simons Foundation, the Surdna Foundation, the Tides Foundation, the Verizon Foundation, the William and Flora Hewlitt Foundation, the W.K. Kellogg Foundation. and the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation.
2008 – 2016 federal grants: $148,050
- Claudia Withers is the Chief Operating Officer of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. In that role, she is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Association and reports directly to Cornell William Brooks, President, and CEO. Read more.
- Bradford Berry was selected as General Counsel of the NAACP in June 2015. He is a proud product of the public school system in Cincinnati, Ohio, and attended college at The George Washington University, where he majored in Economics and was elected both to Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Kappa, the national leadership honor society. Read more.
- Samuel Gaillard, Chief Financial Officer.
- Virgil Ecton, CFRE, is the Executive Vice President, Development for the National Association of the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), where he is responsible for fostering a culture of philanthropy within the organization. Read more.
- Peter M. Williams is the Executive Vice President of Programs for the NAACP. Mr. Williams has solid experience in leading organizations, managing staff, developing and implementing programs, creating strategic alliances, and conducting policy research projects. Read more.
- Hilary O. Shelton is the Senior Vice President for Advocacy for the NAACP where he directs the NAACP Washington Bureau. Mr. Shelton has more than 20 years of experience in government relations and federal advocacy. Prior to serving as director to the NAACP Washington Bureau, Mr. Shelton served in a number of leadership capacities for leading civil and human rights organizations. Read more.
- Kia Pearson is the Chief of Staff at the NAACP. Prior to her current tenure, she served in other senior staff positions including the following: Vice President of Executive Operations at the NAACP. Read more.
- Eris T. Sims is the Sr. Director of Events Planning for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. In this role, Eris is responsible for the planning, management and execution of a variety of NAACP meetings and events. Read more.
- Paula Brown-Edme, Vice President of Field Operations.
- Andrea Brown Gee, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships.
- Chairman Leon W. Russell
- Vice-Chairman Derrick Johnson
- Treasurer Jesse Turner, Jr.
- Assistant Treasurer, Yvonne White
- Assistant Secretary, Aubrey C. Hooper
- Akosua Ali / Washington, D.C.
- Rev. Dr. Wendell Anthony / Detroit, MI
- Wandra Ashley-Williams / Ellicott City, MD
- Ophelia Averitt / Akron, OH
- Honorable Fred L. Banks, Jr. / Jackson, MS
- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II / North Carolina
- Gary Bledsoe / Austin, TX
- Barbara Bolling-Williams / Gary, IN
- Karen Boykin-Towns / Brooklyn, NY
- Alphonso Braggs / Honolulu, HI
- Roslyn M. Brock / Elkridge, MD
- Rev. Amos Brown / San Francisco, CA
- Debra F. Brown / Emporia, VA
- Jessica Butler-Grant / Harrisburg, PA
- Carolyn Coleman / Pleasant Garden, NC
- James W. Crowell, III / Biloxi, MS
- Michael A. Curry / Brockton, MA
- Raoul Cunningham / Louisville, KY
- Rev. Theresa Dear / Bartlett, IL
- Dedric L. Doolin / Cedar Rapids, IA
- Edward Dubose / Columbus, GA
- Hazel N. Dukes * / New York, NY
- Katherine T. Egland * / Gulfport, MS
- Scot X. Esdaile / New Haven, CT
- Erin Gaddis / Rowlett, TX
- James Gallman / Aiken, SC
- John, Gaskin III / St. Louis, MO
- Dr. David Goatley / Washington, DC
- Bishop William H. Graves / Memphis, TN
- George Gresham / New York, NY
- Ron Hasson / Los Angeles, CA
- Aubrey C. Hooper / Dallas, TX
- Antashe Howard / Detroit, MI
- Alice Huffman / Sacramento, CA
- Leonard James III / Spring, Texas
- Howard Jefferson / Houston, TX
- Derrick Johnson / Jackson, MS
- Dr. Ernest Johnson / Baton Rouge, LA
- Thomas L. Kalahar / Dallas, TX
- Da’Quan Love / Henrico County, Virginia
- William Lucy / Washington, DC
- Robert Lydia / Duncanville, TX
- DeJoiry McKenzie-Simmons / Saginaw, MI
- Brendien Mitchell / Ocala, FL
- Gwen Moore / Los Angeles, CA
- Adora Obi Nweze / Weston, FL
- Rev. Dr. James C. Perkins / Detroit, MI
- Rabbi Jonah Pesner / Washington, D.C.
- Bishop Dennis V. Proctor / Montgomery, AL
- Steven Ricard / Raytown, MO
- Peter Rose / New York, NY
- Anita L. Russell / Kansas City, MO
- Leon Russell / Tampa, FL
- James Settles, Jr. / Detroit, MI
- Alyssa Smith / San Diego, CA
- Rev. Dr. Gina Stewart / Millington, TN
- Gloria Sweet-Love / Brownsville, TN
- Jesse H. Turner, Jr. / Memphis, TN
- Michael T. Turner / Caton, Mi
- Joshua S. Turnquest / Syracuse, NY
- Yvonne White / Detroit, MI
- Robin Williams / Bowie, MD
- Lillie Wilson / Brookfield, WI
- Richard G. Womack / Washington, DC
- Dr. Dwayne Proctor, Chairman / East Windsor, NJ
- Alaina Beverly, Vice Chairman / Washington, DC
- Bradford Berry, General Counsel/Secretary / Baltimore, MD
- Thomas Kalahar, Treasurer / Dallas, TX
- Cornell William Brooks, President, and CEO / Baltimore, MD